* PK students do not check out books but classroom sets of books are checked out each week to the PK teachers.
* Kinder students check out 1 book each week, adding a 2nd if/when they start the Accelerated Reader program.
* 1st Grade students check out 2 books.
* 2nd-8th students may check out up to 4 books for personal use and anything additional that is needed for research or to meet an assignment deadline.
* Kinder thru 4th – Books are checked out for 1 week with the option to renew twice.
* 5th thru 8th – Books are checked out for 3 weeks with the option to renew twice.
Late fees (fines) are not charged for late books, however:
* Kinder & 1st grade students must return late books before checking out new ones.
* 2nd – 8th grade students may not check out additional books if they have materials out more than two weeks past the due date
Students who take care of the library materials they borrow exhibit responsibility, civic mindedness, pride in themselves and pride in their community. The SRS librarians seek partnership with parents and teachers to teach our students how to take care of borrowed books and return them on time. Students who lose or damage library materials incur a fee of $20 for lost/damaged paperback books and $35 for lost/damaged hardcover/library bound books, including hardcover picture books. Damage may be caused by water bottle leaks, rain, food spill, scribbling & tearing by siblings and even dog chews, among other things.
Student computers are available in the library for educational use. Gaming, personal email accounts, and use of the internet for entertainment websites and apps is not permitted. Students are expected to follow Computer/Internet Acceptable Use policies of St. Rita School. There are no printers or copiers in the library for students. All printing jobs must be sent to designated printers.
BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON DESTINY QUEST
Middle School students, staff and parents may post book reviews on the library catalog, Destiny Quest. Student book reviews are approved before they are published. See the guidelines and a Book Review Rubric.