The Pedro Medrano Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of Pedro Medrano, a rising 5th grader at St. Rita School, who died tragically in a car accident in the summer of 2016. Pedro had been at St. Rita since 1st grade and he was looking forward to going into Middle School and graduating from St. Rita. Unfortunately, God called him home too soon and his dream of graduating from St. Rita did not come true. The school established this $3,000 a year scholarship in order to provide a Catholic Hispanic student the opportunity to fulfill that dream.
The following criteria must be met in order to qualify for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Catholic Hispanic student.
- The applicant must have applied to St. Rita School or currently be enrolled at the School.
- The applicant must be entering Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- The applicant must be of good character and likely to succeed at St. Rita School. Students in grades 1-8 must provide their latest report cards.
- The applicant's family must be actively involved at our parish, St. Rita Catholic Community, and provide a letter indicating this parish and community involvement.
- The applicant's family must fill out and complete the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment.
- The scholarship is renewable yearly provided the student is succeeding academically and socially.
To be considered for the Pedro Medrano Memorial Scholarship, please see the checklist below. The deadline for submission of the checklist items is May 1, 2018.
Check List For Applying for the Pedro Medrano Memorial Scholarship:
- Complete the Scholarship Application (attached below) by May 1, 2018.
- For grades 1-8, include a copy of the student’s report card with the application.
- Submit with the Application a Letter of Recommendation from any St. Rita Ministry in which the parent(s) of the applicant is involved.
- Complete the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment